My mom was telling me how she could always use baby cards. So I set out to make her a few. I have been wanting a window die for a while now. I had it on my Amazon wish list hoping someone would get it for my birthday or Christmas. I have seen some really awesome cards by kittiekraft.typepad.com and many more on Pinterest . So I thought I would try to make a few.
The first card I made was not a baby card. I was trying to work with my new die-cut and oh how I LOVE it.
I did make this a 5X7. The stamp is Penny Black Winter Ledge, stamped on watercolor paper. I was playing around with some colors, not sure what I used. I then adhered the window die-cut on top of the scene. I added paper from Colorbok- moonlight to give a wallpaper look. On the bottom half of the card I wanted it to look like wainscoting so I used my score board to create that effect. I applied a separate piece horizontally with foam tape to cover my seam and give it some character. I do not like my work on the outside of my card to be seen on the inside, so I lined the inside with a thin sheet of paper to cover the wainscoting score lines. ☻
So on to the baby card …
I had to make this a 5×7 also. Let’s see if I can explain this…
First I laid down my plaid paper, sorry did not measure. I then cut 2 windows. Using one of them to mark where I was going to cut out the window on the card. Then I used an exacto knife to cut the window out of the top flap of my card. One window went on the side you see and the other one went inside the card to hide the cut marks. I then created the furniture and valence. The dresser drawers I used Spellbinders Nestablities cut/embossed, added some brads (SU) and foam adhesive. For the dresser I used Spellbinders Petite Labels 1 to cut out the notch at the bottom. The valence was cut with Spellbinders Edgeabilities (darn thing went on crooked). The lamp…I looked for a lamp stamp, lamp stickers and ended up making this lamp with my owl punch and free-handing the base! The bear was a sticker I put on some pop dots. On the inside I stamped the tree branch (Inkadinkdo). Oh I did add a window pane with acetate.
So this one is supposed to be for a boy but it could work for a girl too. Same concept as the other one except the window was not cut thru the top flap of the card, it is sitting on top. I just added two windows and used Hero Arts Tiny Stars background stamp (adhered to back of windows). Curtains made from vellum, swiss dots embossing folder, Spellbinders Edgeabilites and some ribbon. There is a sheet of acetate on the window as well.
Fun fact I just learned, if you want to use a sticker and put it on foam dots add a little baby powder to the back to take off the stickiness.
I really love this window. ☺